Regulation 52 (1) of the Teachers Service Commission control code for teachers requires the Commission to create a transparent performance system for all its employees.
TSC TPAD allow teachers in secondary and primary schools to evaluate their performance and spearhead their professionalism. The teachers are required to be registered by the head of institution or Sub-County Director before they can log in to the system.
The TSC has developed Teacher Performance Appraisal and Development (TPAD) system to ensure that teachers are able to teach competently. It also helps in reinforcing supervision and continuous teacher performance monitoring while seeking to maintain the right standards at the learning institution level. What happens if a teacher forgot TSC password? While TSC TPAD system has proved to be effective, teachers have experienced various challenges including teachers who forgot TSC password, poor Internet connectivity and inadequate computers.
The Commission’s County Directors and Commissioners have lamented that teachers forgetting their online passwords delays the performance appraisal process. Inadequate knowledge of TSC TPAD secret code reset steps consumes time, and this is worsens when there is internet instability.
Knowing how to change TSC TPAD password will save time, reduce system congestion and minimize internet data usage. Below is a step-by-step guide for changing TSC TPAD password.
1. Log into the system and provide these credentials: User name: Use your Teachers Service Commission number. Password: Enter your Teachers Service Commission number as well.
2. Once you have logged in, a window appears that requests you to key in your new access code or PIN. For this case, enter your Teachers Service Commission number (current PIN) followed by your preferred new password then confirm it. Use familiar numbers and letters for your new PIN to avoid forgetting it.
3. You will receive a message displayed in red confirming that you have successfully changed your secret access code.
4. After your TSC TPAD password reset, you will be free to access the system using your new details. You will use the username and the new PIN as password to login to the portal.
5. Finalize user registration by declaring the fields below where necessary then submit: Your Email Your Phone number Your gender.
6. Create new teacher appraisals and fill the provided fields: Declaration year Term TSC number of the appraiser: (This can be HOD, deputy headteacher, principal or someone appointed by the commission for this purpose) TSC registration number of counter signing officer (Deputy or headteacher as deemed appropriate) Title of the appraiser: (can be deputy headteacher or HOD) With the above fields dully filled, click on “CREATE”.
7. Go to the window labeled “Teacher appraisals” then left-click at the “actions” button on the drop-down arrow.
Declare the following fields: Professional development Teaching standards Progress of the learners Attendance of the lesson Appraisal remarks as appropriate The above fields require the appraiser or appraisee to have the information at hand before logging in to the system to save on time and avoid misinformation.