In December 2020, the Ministry of Education directed schools to submit their learners’ outcomes/results into the KNEC portal. Some have already adhered to the direction, while others are yet to comply. As per the ministry’s guidelines, schools have until 19th February 2021 to submit the results. Are you wondering how to proceed? Schools are advised to upload the results into the portal 10 days after the completion of the tests.
Besides, submitting them early will save you the last minute hustle. Early submissions also help reduce congestion on the platform, normally occurring a few days into the KNEC LCBE deadline.
How to upload LCBE assessments into KNEC portal The KNEC LCBE portal is open for schools to submit grade one (1) to three (3) and class five (5) to seven (7) outcomes.
Considering it is a new system, some schools and teachers are having issues uploading the results. There are two procedures involved when submitting the outcomes – online and offline procedures. You are advised to choose a method that suits you well.
Here is a step-by-step guide on how to go about each process: The offline procedure In the offline procedure, you must download the excel sheet file, fill it and then upload it into the system. Below is a detailed procedure on how to go about it:
- Visit the KNEC portal: On your browser, enter the name of the portal and press enter. Open the portal. It is advisable to use a stable internet browser such as Chrome and Firefox.
- Proceed by clicking the LCBE portal option: On your left hand, under the Primary Schools (K.C.P.E) section, press the option, and you will be redirected to a log in page.
- Fill in the login credentials: First, enter the username, which in most instances is the school code. Secondly, input the password. Finally, press “Login.”
- Press the “Assessment Outcomes/ Scores” option: After signing up, proceeded by pressing the fourth item on the menu displayed on your left-hand side.
- Capture scores for learners: Press the “Download” option to download the “Marks Capture” excel file. Open the offline template and key in the scores accurately. Once done entering the scores, remember to save the document.
- Upload the excel document: Once you are certain that all the scores have been entered correctly, proceed by clicking the “Browse” button, which is under option 2. Select the folder where the excel sheet is saved and then press “Upload excel document” option.
- View or edit the uploaded excel sheet: Here, you are allowed to confirm whether the entered outcomes are correct or not. Press the “View/Edit Outcomes” button to make changes, if any. Any changes made to the document will automatically be captured by the system once uploaded for the second time.