Earlier this month, the Teachers Service Commission had announced 1,995 teacher internship slots to fill the gap left by teachers who were inducted into service under permanent and pensionable terms.
Out of the total vacancies, 1,038 vacancies were for primary schools while 957 vacancies were reserved for secondary schools.
The link given below contains the list of schools with various teaching vacancies advertised.
The one year (12 months) program targets unemployed TSC registered teachers across the country.
TSC interns associated with primary schools will be eligible for a monthly stipend of Ksh 15,000, while those associated with secondary schools will get a monthly salary of Ksh 20,000.
Upon successful completion of the internship program, the intern will be awarded a certificate by the employer. The certificate is important because it stands out to interns when TSC is recruiting tutors under permanent terms.
An applicant was expected to qualify at the time of application if he/she meets the following basic requirements:
1. Be a Kenyan citizen.
2. Must be a teacher registered with the Teachers Service Commission
3. Be the holder of minimum Diploma in Education Certificate for Primary School Teachers and P1 Certificate for Secondary School Teachers.
4. Obtain original academic and professional certificates.
5. Should not have been in previous employment with the Teachers Service Commission as a teacher on permanent terms.
6. Be ready to be posted to any public educational institution in Kenya.
7. Must have personal accident insurance to cover personal risks during the internship period.
After the completion of the application process that ended on the 27th of this month (September), teachers are now reminded by the commission to ensure maximum preparation at the interviews that begin at the beginning of next month (October).
The exercise is equally likely to be completed before the school opens for a new term next month.
During the interview, the interviewers will be expected to produce the following documents:
1. A copy of the National Identity Card (ID) or passport.
2. A copy of Teacher Registration 3. Certificate / Print Out 4. Teacher Service Commission Online Portal as a proof of registration of a teacher.
5. A copy of the National Council for Persons with Disability (NCPWD) card (where applicable).
6. Valid certificate of good conduct.
7. Two (2) color passport size photographs.
8. A copy of the National Health Insurance Fund (NHIF) card.
9. A copy of the Kenya Revenue Authority Personal Identification Number (KRA PIN).
Application and Deadline
Interested and eligible candidates were requested to submit their application through Teachers Service Commission website http://www.tsc.go.ke “Careers” or through http://www.teachersonline.go.ke Online by Monday, 27 September 2021. .